Openfilm Spotlight: Special “Get It Made” Edition – How to vote
Submissions close for the 2nd Get It Made competition at 11:59pm EDT on December 31, 2010.
This is an incredibly exciting time for our community. Over the next month, whether you have a film in the competition or you will be rating the films in the competition, you will play an integral part of a community effort to discover and develop talent. You could be the next winner of $50,000 cash and $450,000 financing to adapt your short film into a feature – or you could be responsible for helping to make that filmmaker’s dream come true. Watch Val Lauren’s reaction to winning $250,000 in our 1st Get It Made competition here.
If you have a film in the competition:
- Be sure your Openfilm contacts know to rate your film by sending them an in-mail message http://www.openfilm.com/dashboard/inmails/compose/
- Let your extended network know about this incredible opportunity and that they can help you by signing up for a free account to rate your film http://www.openfilm.com/join/ To validate scores, only registered members can rate films; Films are rated from 1 to 5 stars. 1 being ok and 5 being excellent.
- 60% of the ten finalists will be determined by viewer ratings so promote, promote and promote!
If you don’t have a film in the competition:
- View and rate as many of the short films as you can. The advisory board is counting on you to help identify the best of the best. Films are rated from 1 to 5 stars. 1 being ok and 5 being excellent.
- Share the opportunity to help a filmmaker achieve their big break with your extended network. If you have a favorite film or films, don’t keep it to yourself! You will play a very important part in getting a film made!
- Provide feedback! Leave comments; let the filmmaker know you’ve watched their work! Moral support goes a long way.
- Voting ends at 11:59pm EDT January 31, 2011.
- 10 short films will be identified as finalists.
- Openfilm Chairman, James Caan, and advisory board members Robert Duvall, Scott Caan and Mark Rydell will view all ten and together decide the winning film.
- On or around February 8, 2011 the ten finalist films will be announced and the winner identified on Openfilm.com; more details to come about the announcement.
Thank you for being a part of this exciting competition! We can’t wait to see who the next filmmaker is to Get It Made!
The Openfilm Team
And now go and vote for Unsecured Loan II … by clicking here