competition Archives - J.Blockbuster
VOLGER TV announced today a world wide search for reality show contestants. LA based Producer Jay Volger said she is looking for “original and exciting” contestants for her Mixed Race Reality Dating show KINKS via http://www.kinksreality.tv.
Volger has completed filming the first series of her show, a mixed race dating show where contestants compete to show skills in cultural understanding to win their match. She shot in Malaysia, with participants from Australia and America but is now looking for more contestants for Series 2. Volger launched the contest in front of television executives and media today. The competition will be run on You Tube http://www.youtube.com/kinksrealitytv until September 30th 2011.
Interested competitors need to answer three questions or send in a video. Competition eligibility and entry requirements can be found at http://www.kinksreality.tv. One reporter asked if she was judging, Volger replied, “no, the public will judge, if you get Kinks Reality TV the most followers you can win”. The competition requires contestants to answer why they would want to marry a foreigner on video or questionaire. Anders Wong, director of KINKS said that “videos will help to show off their personality”.
Volger is in negotiations with several international networks and the first series of KINKS should go to air later this year. The Malaysian Minister of Cultural and Moral Standards, Datuk Kok, commented that – “KINKS was very exciting for Malaysian Tourism. Jay Volger’s show will be showing a side of Malaysia a lot of Malaysian’s have not seen yet.” When asked if Kinks Series 2 would be shot in Malaysia, Volger announced “I am looking at either Europe or Africa”
The contest has no race or age requirements. Volger TV recommends candidates enter the competition at their website http://www.kinksreality.tv.
Download the complete press release with high res photos: www.prweb.com
if you haven’t read or heard about our ongoing KINKS the movie competition, here’s the link: http://www.kinksthemovie.com/?p=497
And we are extending our deadline! NEW DEADLINE: JULY 1st
Entries trickled in slowly this month. To make things worse the one eligible entry which got most hits was racist. Hence we disqualified the submission. (However it is remarkable how fast you can get attention, if you hit a sensitive nerve.)
But we REFUSE TO BELIEVE that publicity can only be achieved with tasteless or racist entries. KINKS stands for the message that we are all human and that’s the message we want to spread.
Let’s show the world that FUNNY and CUTE entries have as much power. Looking forward to more submissions! Help us spreading the love!
Feel free to comment on the existing entries. Feel free to drop us comments on how to improve our competition. We will continue and disqualify entries not appropriate – you are the judges.
Btw, if you want to do a submission, but you have trouble gathering the hardware or manpower to do it, we are happy to help you out!
All the best, the KINKS team
Openfilm’s 2nd Get It Made Competition
Vote: January 1 – 31, 2011
We’re almost there! The voting cycle for the 2nd Get It Made Competition concludes at midnight on Monday, January 31. If you haven’t done so, now is the time to cast your vote for your favorite films.
Remember, your votes will help the Openfilm Advisory Board, which includes Chairman James Caan and Board Members Robert Duvall, Mark Rydell and Scott Caan, select the $500,000 grand prize winner, and give them the opportunity of a lifetime to have their short film produced as a feature length movie.
So, who’s Got It Made? The choice is yours! Support your friends, support the independent film community, and get out the vote!
It’s what Openfilm is all about.
DEADLINE TO VOTE – JANUARY 31, 2011
@ midnight East Coast Time
And now go and vote for Unsecured Loan II … by clicking here
Submissions close for the 2nd Get It Made competition at 11:59pm EDT on December 31, 2010.
This is an incredibly exciting time for our community. Over the next month, whether you have a film in the competition or you will be rating the films in the competition, you will play an integral part of a community effort to discover and develop talent. You could be the next winner of $50,000 cash and $450,000 financing to adapt your short film into a feature – or you could be responsible for helping to make that filmmaker’s dream come true. Watch Val Lauren’s reaction to winning $250,000 in our 1st Get It Made competition here.
If you have a film in the competition:
- Be sure your Openfilm contacts know to rate your film by sending them an in-mail message http://www.openfilm.com/dashboard/inmails/compose/
- Let your extended network know about this incredible opportunity and that they can help you by signing up for a free account to rate your film http://www.openfilm.com/join/ To validate scores, only registered members can rate films; Films are rated from 1 to 5 stars. 1 being ok and 5 being excellent.
- 60% of the ten finalists will be determined by viewer ratings so promote, promote and promote!
If you don’t have a film in the competition:
- View and rate as many of the short films as you can. The advisory board is counting on you to help identify the best of the best. Films are rated from 1 to 5 stars. 1 being ok and 5 being excellent.
- Share the opportunity to help a filmmaker achieve their big break with your extended network. If you have a favorite film or films, don’t keep it to yourself! You will play a very important part in getting a film made!
- Provide feedback! Leave comments; let the filmmaker know you’ve watched their work! Moral support goes a long way.
- Voting ends at 11:59pm EDT January 31, 2011.
- 10 short films will be identified as finalists.
- Openfilm Chairman, James Caan, and advisory board members Robert Duvall, Scott Caan and Mark Rydell will view all ten and together decide the winning film.
- On or around February 8, 2011 the ten finalist films will be announced and the winner identified on Openfilm.com; more details to come about the announcement.
Thank you for being a part of this exciting competition! We can’t wait to see who the next filmmaker is to Get It Made!
The Openfilm Team
And now go and vote for Unsecured Loan II … by clicking here